Wool dryer balls have a huge demand in the market — they’re available everywhere from Amazon to Walmart, and they’re just as popular with consumers as they have huge benefits. While some people already know about their benefits, there are still many that don’t. With this in mind, today I’m going to tell you a little bit about them. I’m hoping it’ll help you fall in love with Wool Dryer Balls.
Wool dryer balls are a kind of laundry ball that also serves as an alternative to dryer sheets, liquid or solid fabric softeners, and other chemical dryer additives. Each ball is handcrafted from 100% New Zealand wool, which retains heat to cut down on drying time, resulting in softer clothes and a reduction in wrinkles.
What size should Wool Dryer Balls be?
Wool dryer balls are available in a variety of sizes: 7cm, 8cm, 9cm, and 10cm. Different sizes of balls serve different purposes, Most wool dryer balls on market are 7cm(diameter) larger than tennis balls. The larger the size of the dryer balls, the better they are at drying laundry.
Why use New Zealand Wool Dryer Balls?
New Zealand wool is renowned for its long, strong fibers and high durability. The moisture-absorbing properties of a New Zealand wool ball are superb due to their compaction, which allows the wool to take in more moisture than other kinds of wool. As the sheep get to bask in the clean New Zealand air and eat nutrient-rich grass, their wool also becomes healthier, resulting in an extremely soft feel. The long wool fiber makes it easier to create dryer balls that don’t split or break apart. When we make felted wool dryer balls, they are strong enough to withstand the constant rubbing and tumbling of the dryer with good cross force.
- Otherwise, once the dryer balls broke down in the dryer, the clothes will be too much lint on the balls.
Do the Wool dryer balls work and how do Wool dryer balls work?
1. Wool dryer balls can speed up drying time, save your time and save money. Wool dryer balls are made of pure wool. It’s composed of fibers that serve to minimize the friction between items in the dryer, which allows you to maximize airflow and cut down on long cycle times. When you put them in with your laundry load, the balls promote natural air circulation and allow for faster drying times without any added electricity costs.
- Natural fabric softener balls
The wool balls are round with a smooth surface, which makes them ideal for taking out wrinkles in fabric without the need to iron. Since the balls touch fabric more frequently during the drying process than iron, they can help prevent unnecessary creasing and make sure clothes are wrinkle-free.
- Wool dryer balls are safe for cats and dogs.
Wool dryer balls are not just a new way to save money, but also a great alternative for people who want to be more eco-friendly. Unlike the typical plastic dryer balls, wool doesn’t have any toxic substances that can contaminate your clothing and cause them to wear out faster. It does not harm your cat and dog. The felted wool is breathable and keeps the dog warm in winter and cool in summer.
- The wool fiber is the fur of a sheep, and it’s natural and organic. With that said, it’s right for people with sensitive skin or babies with sensitive skin; and it’s hypo-allergenic, which means that it won’t cause any irritation to the human body. The wool fiber doesn’t hurt the human skin, as it is entirely natural and organic.
- The New Zealand wool dryer balls are quite different from the plastics ones. The polyester balls will be hard and scratch your clothes because they’re hard enough to go through the machine, but the wool balls are much softer and won’t damage your clothes in any way.
- The wool dryer balls can remove dog and cat hair from clothes.
Each wool has its hair scales like the fish has fish(-)scale. And the dog hair has one hair scale. When the laundry balls contact dog hair or cat hair, the wool dryer balls will get the dog hair on the wool balls. That’s it. Note: wool dryer balls do not support wool sweaters because wool sweaters’ hair and wool dryer balls’ hair get together.
6, Usually, when drying clothes, the dryer machine will cause static to the clothes. You might be going “What? Static??” and don’t worry; I had no idea what that was before. But it’s also a common thing. Wool dryer balls are made of natural wool, which has its benefits. Wool is naturally static-free, so the dryer balls will also get rid of static
- It can be used as a dog toy.
Wool toys are a fantastic way to keep your pet happy and healthy, as they help to improve dental health, prevent hairballs, and fight allergies. You can also feel comfortable knowing that you’re giving your pet a toy that doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals or toxins — wool is an all-natural, biodegradable material that’s free of artificial dyes.
- Add essential oil
Wool dryer balls are made of 100% New Zealand wool — a natural fiber that is hypoallergenic, environmentally friendly, and completely safe for your skin. When you dry your clothes with wool dryer balls, they come out smelling amazingly fresh and flake-free. And because they’re completely natural, these home essentials are the best to use in your baby’s laundry.
Which Wool dryer balls are the best?
First, check the product certificate. The certificate tells you if the balls are natural and safe.
Second, choose unscented balls. If they smell bad, it means that the materials aren’t clean or the balls haven’t been washed well.
Thirdly, the balls for the dryer should be smooth without any splits. The seams of low-quality dryer balls will come apart with use and cause static in the laundry.